Monday, March 28, 2011

Ski Weekend at Beaver Creek!!!

Do I have you concerned? Are you thinking I actually skied at Beaver Creek? Actually, I spent a long weekend with Maggie and Travis in the Vail Valley and one day I went to Beaver Creek with them. I did a bit of snow-shoeing which positioned me so that I could watch Finn do some skiing, which was great fun! He is three (well, actually he carefully explains he is three and a half!) and loves to ski! Here is the family ski photo---Finn is very tall for his age but when he stands next to his dad, well, he looks tiny, doesn't he? He loves his "shiny black ski helmet"!
Travis and Finn posed with me, holding snow shoes. The view is magnificent!


At the end of the day, there was a man with an alpine horn in the village. Finn, who loves to play on his Australian didgeridoo, was quite interested.
Finn actually blew on the horn and had a nice little sound, much to his joy!



One of the other joys of the weekend was to give Finn an early birthday gift!

Here it is---a giant dump truck for helping with yard work in Denver this spring. (Please note

his Lightning McQueen slippers!)


It was a delightful weekend with lots of time to visit and play. Good times!!!!

No comments: