Sunday, March 20, 2011

No Career Plans for This!!!!

Mothers and grandmothers find themselves doing the darndest (word?) things for their children/grandchildren. Recently I heard my mouth saying, "I could just make Audrey a kid-sized sleeping bag out of the red down bag that used to be Trav's. I know he doesn't need or want it anymore!"

Good grief---whatever was I thinking? Cutting into a big, puffy, slippery, feather-filled bag is just a little short of insanity, don't you think? At any rate, below you will see Raggedy Ann snugged up in Audrey's "new" bag. I added some nice striped fleece for a soft place for a little face to cuddle while Audrey is camping at Rocky Mt. National Park with cousin Finn. There is even a matching pillow!!!! However, I will tell you, remodeling a down-filled sleeping bag is now on my list of "discarded future career choices!"

I am still laughing at myself---it would have been easy to purchase Audrey a new bag and,
probably, more satisfactory! Ah well---it really was done with lots of LOVE XXOOXX!!!

1 comment:

Suz said...

Awww, sorry it was such a hassle, but thanks for doing it! The fleece looks like a great touch, R. Anne looks super comfy!