You need to know that a few grey curls sticking out from under a ski hat accomplish amazing things! For all of my young friends who read this, do stop and help those grey-haired ladies. We really, really appreciate it!
Here is the car after removing it from its parking spot. The city crew will come along and sort of "tidy up" the entrance to my parking spot or maybe even scoop the entire thing out now that I have moved the car to the plowed side of the street. This may not make sense to anyone but Travis and Suzanne......
And finally, the view out the sunroom windows. Note the snow piled up past the sills. Yes, it really is that deep. As I said, it snowed straight down and just piled up---no wind with this storm. The woodshed door is completely covered and the backyard is level deep that high!
The rhubarb should be happy with all the moisture when spring comes!
So, regretting that you are not here to enjoy all this beauty with me (and help shovel!), I shall
close. It is snowing again so I must go see if the car can move back into its snowy "garage."
See you in the spring if not before!!! I should have also explained that periodically while I was shoveling a large army howizter would go off as the highway department "shot" avalanches along the state highway immediately outside of town. Something about the clouds today made the explosions sound as if they were next door or just across the street. Boom! Crack! Bang! The report is that our avalanche danger is very high. All the state highways in the area are closed until further notice.
P.S. One has to love small towns---not only do visiting skiers help strangers shovel, but the city snowplow crew came along and bull-dozed me a huge parking space! It can snow and snow and I'll still have space to put snow as I shovel.
Cinnamon rolls are in order for the street crew---I'll deliver them to their shop on Monday morning!
P.S. One has to love small towns---not only do visiting skiers help strangers shovel, but the city snowplow crew came along and bull-dozed me a huge parking space! It can snow and snow and I'll still have space to put snow as I shovel.
Cinnamon rolls are in order for the street crew---I'll deliver them to their shop on Monday morning!

2 comments:
Thanks for the great snow pictures!
Ok, that makes me want to be there! It reminds me of that storm when Travis got stuck in Durango for a week and missed a great snow!
Post a Comment