This blog entry is actually aimed at Travis and Suzie, as their parental home is in the midst of some changes and I thought they'd be interested. However, the rest of you may enjoy seeing what is going on during "Springtime in the Rockies" in Silverton. Welcome aboard!
The contractor, hereinafter called Rick (I've always loved the word hereinafter!), arrived a few days ago to cut a doorway from Travis' electronics workshop loft into Suzie's room. It required moving a good amount of treasures, starting with lumber milled by Charlie and saved by Travis for a future woodworking project.
Travis, here is your blue-stained pine. It should be wonderfully dry by now after nearly five years in the sunroom!
Next came chisel and drywall saw and the next thing I knew we had a doorway from Suzie's room into the loft! It gave a great silhouette of a neon Bud sign, which gave me the idea for a Bud commercial! (Do you recognize it?)
So, I rushed through the new doorway and looked back into Suzie's room, and what should be the predominate sight? Yep! The Bud sign!!!
Now began the tote and carry routine, as Travis still has a goodly number of containers of interesting things ranging from tools to meters to fuses to rolls of wire to nifty little paper cups printed with playing card symbols. After a considerable amount of carrying and dusting and scrubbing, the view into the loft looked like this. (Note: the workbench is gone!)
The final shot into Suzie's room clinches the Budweiser idea---please also note the shovel and garden tool division under the loft ladder!
Rick will return soon to begin the actual work. I'm already picturing Audrey and Finn chasing each other up the stairs, through Suzie's room and the loft, down the ladder, through the kitchen and then up the stairs again, laughing and shouting all the way. It will be fun!
Coming soon: North Carolina Outer Banks posting.

1 comment:
Looks like great progress is already being made. Seeing my room makes me chuckle. Maybe I'll finally get rid of those silly posters! Thanks for the pics, can't wait to be home soon!
Post a Comment