While Lee and I were wandering about in Iowa we visited our long-time friends, Karen and George Chapman who now live in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. They formerly lived in Silverton and were family friends for many years so it seemed like old home week to me to visit them in their new home.
Their new home is really a lovely old mansion, built in the 1800s. It is so large it has two staircases
to the upper floor---one for VIPs and the other for the rest of us!
This is the front of the house. In the tower at the top they have a Christmas tree each year.
What an amazing place it is and they seem to be enjoying Iowa a great deal.
George took me to the Old Thresher's Museum where they have what seemed like every known
steam engine-tractor-device as well as complete sets of Farmall and John Deere tractors plus
all sorts of other agricultural relics. I plan to return for the Labor Day Steam Engine event
when they haul the steam machines out and fire them up. What fun!!!
Chapman's took us on a tour of the area and to dinner at Bonapart's Retreat, a charming country
inn where I had the best pork chop ever! Thanks again, Karen and George!
I managed to forget to take any pictures of our friends so I'll close with this nosy little Iowa squirrel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment