Off to a full Irish (breakfast): eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, toast....hmmm...think I won't need lunch!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
BOB #2
Promised I would tilt a Guinness to you---here it is!!!!
The Irish harpist at the castle banquet was quite lovely and played very well. We sipped our mead and enjoyed her music, though this is beginning to sound as if it is a beverage tour and not a musical tour!
The madrigal singers were equally good---here in the great hall the accoustics were amazing. Dinner had four "returns" (courses)---spicy parsnip soup with brown soda bread, ribs, and chicken with gravy and root vegetables followed by a sort of custard. We only had our daggers with which to eat in the medieval style. Interesting logistics...
Graveyard and church remnants near our hotel which I found on an early morning walk. The oldest grave marker I found was 1802.
Cliffs of Moher: beautiful and remote. The walk to this view was actually closed, officially, because of a very high wind (gayle, actually). Several of us walked up anyway to get a good view and I can see how, if you got very close to the edge, you might get swept over the edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
'Tis a rather small world. I met an electrician in Melbourne last week who came from Eire 20-some years ago, and described his spot on the old sod as being near Bunratty Castle. Enjoy the Guinness!
TTM
Did you eat black pudding for breaky? EEEEK! See you soon!
Post a Comment