Greetings from Iceland! Marie, one of my traveling friends, and I are here for ten days and are finding it quite fascinating. We are traveling with a group of 28, including lots of interesting people from the UK, a number of Aussies, a couple from Tasmania, a darling Chinese girl and her mom from Hong Kong...
There is something here for everyone but if one enjoys gorgeous scenery and odd bits of geology it really is the place to be!
Waterfalls abound...
Wild flowers are lush---these look like our moss campion in the Rockies...
Sheep have been randomly placed and are really fat and fluffy...
Mountains are abundant and their geology can only be described as "odd" as no two are alike due to all the volcanic activity here...
Everything is velvety green...
Geysers are here and there...
But I do believe the huge waterfalls are my favorites so far. The food is great, too. I've had pickled herring and smoked salmon for breakfast every day and tonight we had a three-fish dish of salmon, cod and lobster. Last night it was lamb...
Keep tuned...Penny

No comments:
Post a Comment