Friday, May 7, 2010

Leaving Colorado---Why Are We?

My friend, Karen Timbrell, and I were planning a road-trip to Pennsylvania to visit her mother and Suzie's family. "Why?", a friend asked. "You live in one of the most beautiful places in the country."

As I drove to Poncha Springs, Colorado, to pick up Karen I pondered the question. As I looked at the scenery on the beautiful May morning, I thought perhaps the friend had a point!

First, there was the view of the San Juan Mountains from the north....

The there was the view of new calves, green grass, and Mt. Sneffels in the background...
Next came the Blue Mesa Lake near the Black Canyon of the Gunnison....
Followed by the view of the mountains going up Monarch Pass...

And, finally, the view from the top of Monarch Pass.
My red car, Scarlet, and I drove merrily down the pass, having decided a long road trip
would be good for both of us. Colorado is gorgeous, and I am ever-so-glad to live in the western part of the state, but I have long wanted to drive across the USA, just to "have a look" as my friend Marie says.

So---off to PA, via Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia. Tune in now and then---see you on the road!

1 comment:

Suz said...

I think it's great to see this country we live it. It's large and vast and all parts are beautiful in their own way. Can't wait to see you!