Sunday, October 18, 2009

Glorious Indian Summer!

Indian summer, albeit not a very politically-correct term, has arrived in the high country with all its charm and lovliness. With the remnants of six inches of snow piled in the shady spots in our yards, we are now having clear blue days with lots of sun. Each day seems like a present for at any time lots more snow and cold will come, probably to stay until April or May.

Yesterday and today I spent much of the days outside, driving up the more remote canyons outside of Silverton to have picnics and enjoy the solitude, as the tourists have mostly retreated to lower altitudes where they can still wear their shorts. For those of you who have not yet been to Silverton, the above is a picture of our village in its valley (caldera), surrounded by snowtop mountains. Lovely!

This is a view of Kendal Mountain, which is the view out my kitchen window and Suzie's upstairs bedroom. No zoom was used on the this photo---we really are this close to the peaks!


Tomorrow I am off to Peru; just had to send you these views of beautiful Colorado in the fall before I leave. Best wishes to all---I'll be thinking of you from South America! PDM

No comments: